It doesn’t matter if I’m heading for an overnite with my sister or a month-long cruise; there are five things that are always part of my trip. If you keep these stored in your luggage you will always be ready to go!
- Spacebags for clothing. The medium and large sizes are perfect for your garments and fit nicely in a typical 21” carryon bag. Be sure to get the kind that expel air without a vacuum. I usually just fill the bag with my clothes and lay on top of it until all the air comes out. These things allow you to organize your clothing for easy unpacking at your destination because you can use one for pants, one for shirts, one for dresses, etc. They protect your clothing from moisture, spills and smells. They are great for separating your dirty clothes from the clean ones when you are packing to go home.
- Hanging toiletry bag. This “go to” bag contains everything I need in small sized containers. It’s always ready to go with my essentials. I just add my makeup bag and hairbrush. When at my destination, it comes out of the suitcase and hangs in the bathroom either on a towel rack or hook. This clears the small bathroom counter for other things!
- TSA approved clear bag for carryon liquids. Invest in a strong clear vinyl bag with zip top and keep your carryon liquids ready to go anytime! These will be less prone to puncture and leakage and because they are more substantial, I find it easy to pull out and put back during the security process.
- Kipling bag. These stylish lightweight bags are made of durable nylon with lots of zippered compartments. My favorite style is the crossbody flat bag with three zippered full sized compartments and additional layered zippers in rows on the front. I can put passports in one section; etickets and confirmations in another. I can keep my currencies separated and allocate a specific pocket for my travel receipts. There’s still room for a camera and phone and maps!
- Packing cube for electronics. Make sure you have all your chargers and cords and universal adapters in one place.
Enjoy your trip knowing you didn’t forget anything because you are so organized!